Tuesday 24 July 2007

Adverse Weather - the Ark continues...

I had a day off work on Friday, hoping to make some more inroads on the hull construction. As it turned out the day was spent shoring up flood defences and bailing out my neighbours house. With a months rainfall falling in a matter of hours, this is a view of the junction at the end of my road.

My neighbour had visited me the other day to look at progress on the boat. He commented at that time:

"You have two dogs, I have two cats and the neighbour has two rabbits. That boat looks very much like an Ark - your name isn't Noah, is it?"

Sunday was a warm and pleasant day, so after a bit of a clean up after the flood, I managed to build a mock up of the mast foot, the cabin soles, and vent trunk panels. Not as much as I would have liked, but at least another couple of ticks off the todo list.

No comments: